Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device.
Cookies allow a site or service to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences and generally improve your browsing experience.
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary”, “Performance”, “Functionality”, and “Targeting”. GeoLogica routinely uses the below cookie categories:
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential as they enable you to move around the service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
2. Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you have used the service, so that less strain is placed on our backend infrastructure. The information collected is used to improve how the service works.
3. Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow our site to remember your preferences, such as your username, to save you having to apply these on every visit. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use geologicaworld.com. We do this so that we can make sure users are finding the information they’re looking for and so that we can make improvements to our website on the back of this data.
Google Analytics stores information about:
• the pages you visit on geologicaworld.com
• how long you spend on geologicaworld.com
• how you got to geologicaworld.com
• what you click on while you’re visiting geologicaworld.com
If you want to delete cookies follow the instructions at https://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/. If you wish to disable your browser from receiving cookies follow the instructions at https://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/. Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our service and other parts of our service may not work properly. You can find out more information about cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as www.allaboutcookies.org.